P0111 OBD-II Trouble Code in Suzuki : IAT sensor circuit range or performance problem
What is the P0111 code in suzuki car
How to diagnose the P0111 code? in suzuki car
What are the symptoms of the P0111 code? in suzuki car
P0111 code definition
Intake Air Temperature (IAT) sensor circuit range or performance problem
IAT senor can see in pics
What is the P0111 code
P0111 is the OBD-II generic code that indicates the engine control module (ECM) has recorded the IAT sensor input go out of the sensors range or the sensor performance was not as the ECM expected.
What are the symptoms of the P0111 code?
- The ECM will turn on the Check Engine Light and go into a failsafe mode.
- The engine may have a hard start condition.
- The engine may also have a reduction in fuel mileage.
- The exhaust may blow black smoke.
How to diagnose the P0111 code?
- The mechanic or electrician will need to do a visual inspection to determine any electrical connector, wiring, or sensor issues.
- The mechanic or electrician will scan and document the codes received and view the freeze frame data to see when the code was set.
- The codes should then be reset to clear the OBD-II fault codes and retest the vehicle to see if the code comes back.
- The mechanic or electrician will observe the sensor’s live data on the scanner for temperature output to be within specifications.
If no problems are noted, then the next step for the mechanic or electrician to do is to perform a manufacturer’s specific pinpoint tests for the code and Repair as needed.
How you can fix the P0111 code?
- Repairing or replacing the IAT connector
- Repairing or replacing the wiring as necessary
- Repositioning the sensor back into the air filter housing or intake air tube
- Replacing the IAT with a new sensor