today we learn in this post what is p0117 OBD-II trouble code:
what will happend when come this code p0117 OBD-II trouble code: on your car dashboard
how you can resolve this problem of code p0117 OBD-II trouble code
what is the symptoms of p0177 OBD-II trouble code
P0117 OBD-II Trouble Code: Engine Coolant Temperature (ECT) Sensor Circuit Low Output Problem
What is the P0117 error code
P0117 is the OBD-II generic code that indicates the engine control module (ECM) has seen the ECT sensor output go less than 0.14 Volts or more than 140°C (284°F).
What is the symptoms of the P0117 error code?
- ECM turns on the Check Engine Light
- The engine may have a hard start when engine is cold.
- The engine may run rough and hesitate until the engine warms up.
- The engine should run close to normal once the engine warms up.
How does a mechanic diagnose the P0117 code?
- inspection to check for any electrical connector, wiring or sensor issues.
- The electrician will scan and remamber the codes received and view the freeze frame data to see when the code was set.
- The codes should then be reset to clear the OBD-II fault codes and retest the vehicle to see if the code comes back.
- Disconnect ECT sensor, observe live data to see if readings go from over 284°F to -40°F.
- If readings go to -40° F then replace the ECT sensor if not then look for shorted harness, connector or ECM.
How tachnation can fix the P0117 code?
- Resetting the fault codes and perform a road test
- Repairing or replacing the ECT connector
- Repairing or replacing the wiring as necessary
- Replacing the ECT with a new sensor