IN THIS BLOG WE WILL KNOW SHORT DESCRIPTION OF SENSORS LIST IN BLOW
1. Engine knock sensor
- Knocking is a phenomenon where the air-fuel mixture ignites before the spark plugs produce the spark.
- It reduces engine efficiency, and in the longer run, it can cause damage to the engine components.
- The engine knock sensor detects knocking by monitoring the air-fuel mixture ignition process.
- The sensor can warn the driver if there is any fault in the ignition of the air-fuel mixture.
2. Air-flow sensor
- It is a type of sensor that measures the volume and density of air entering the engine.
- It is placed inside the combustion chamber.
- It ensures the right amount of air-fuel mixture enters the combustion chamber for optimum performance.
- Failure of the air-flow sensor can result in engine stalling or more fuel consumption.
3. Voltage sensor
- The voltage sensor is responsible for managing the vehicle’s idling speed.
- The sensor also ensures that idling speed is decreased or increased when required.
4. Fuel temperature sensor
- It is a sensor that constantly monitors the fuel temperature to ensure that the fuel consumption is optimum.
- If the fuel is cold, it takes more time to burn due to its high density. Similarly, if the fuel is warm, it ends up burning too quickly.
- The fuel temperature sensor ensures that the fuel is supplied to the cylinder at the optimum temperature for the smooth running of the engine.
5. Parking sensor
- It is a sensor that recognizes any obstacles on the front or rear of the vehicle.
- The sensor alerts the driver through a beeping sound. As the distance gets closer, the beeping intensifies.
- It helps the driver to park the vehicle safely.
- In high-end luxury vehicles, the data from the sensor is used for the autonomous emergency braking system. If the car gets too close to an obstacle, it automatically applies the brakes.